Frequently asked questions
If you are considering whether the Socially Conscious Balanced investment option is the right one for you, you should speak to your financial adviser or to one of Australian Retirement Trust's advisers. You can give Australian Retirement Trust a call on 13 11 84 or to change your investment option online, log in to Member Online.
What industries does this investment option avoid investing in?
- fossil fuel explorers, miners or energy generators*
- controversial weapons
- nuclear weapons
- live animal export services
Learn more about Australian Retirement Trust’s Responsible Investment Strategy and commitment to creating a better future for our members.
*Fossil fuel producers and energy generators are excluded from this option, a decision which we believe will significantly increase the sustainability of the portfolio and lower its overall carbon footprint.
What are some of the ethical investments included in this option?
The Socially Conscious Balanced option is built for the long-term. It invests in companies committed to a low-carbon future like Salesforce; social bonds and more.
- Salesforce is an integrated CRM system committed to creating a sustainable, low-carbon future by delivering a carbon-neutral cloud for its customers. In 2020, Salesforce secured renewable energy supply equivalent to 63% of their current global use and are on track to achieve their 100% renewable energy target by 2022.
- African Development Bank’s “Fight COVID-19” social bond was the largest social bond issued to date in international capital markets. The bond aims to combat the social and economic fallout across the African continent from the affects of the coronavirus pandemic through financing health services and other essential services and infrastructure.
Can I see a breakdown of asset allocation?
When reading the objectives and/or risks you should also read the important information about Risks of Australian Retirement Trust's investment options and Important information about expected returns in the Super Savings Investment guide. The objectives are set by Australian Retirement Trust for monitoring our ongoing investment performance.
I want to join and choose this option, how do I start?
Find out more
Check out the Super Savings Socially Conscious Balanced Option holdings at 30 June 2021.
- Past performance is not a reliable indication of future performance. Returns may vary considerably over time.
- This is the Super Savings Accumulation account version of the Socially Conscious Balanced option as at January 2021.
- If you are considering whether the investment option for your super is the right one for you, you should speak to your financial adviser or to one of Australian Retirement Trust's advisers. You can give Australian Retirement Trust a call on 13 11 84 or to change your investment option online, log in to Member Online.
- The Certification Symbol is a Registered Trade Mark of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) and demonstrates that Australian Retirement Trust’s Socially Conscious Balanced investment option meets RIAA’s RI certification standards. RIAA’s Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certification Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that this financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. RIAA is not a financial services business and does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence. For more information about the certification visit responsibleinvestment.org or Super Savings Investment guide. RIAA’s certification for Australian Retirement Trust’s Socially Conscious Balanced option is reviewed annually and due for renewal in May 2023.
*As at February 2021.