Main region

Authority to access client information Super Savings FAQs

What is the best way to send your authority request?

When you upload your Authority to access client information through Adviser Online, it is processed with priority. If you do not currently have access to Adviser Online, you can register here.

What authority to access information forms do we accept?

We will accept either the Australian Retirement Trust Authority to access information form or the authority form that your practice or AFS Licensee uses. Either of these forms can be submitted via Adviser Online under Start transaction > Authority to access information.

What happens to my authorities if I change AFS Licensee?

Any authorities held on member accounts held in the Super Savings product offering will expire. In some circumstances, Australian Retirement Trust can reinstate your authorities. For further information, please refer to our Client Transfers page.

How long is an authority valid?

If you are a registered adviser, your authority has no time constraints and will only be cancelled if revoked by your client (our member).

How do I revoke an existing authority?

To revoke an authority please contact us online or by calling 13 11 84 (select option ‘4’ for I am an adviser).

How can my client authorise an Authority to access information form?

Australian Retirement Trust accepts wet signatures on all forms. For further information on what we require when using digital signatures, please login to Adviser Online.

What information needs to be included if you use your own version of an authority form?

Please ensure the request includes your client’s full name, date of birth and current address.

If you are using your own authority form, please ensure the request also lists who the servicing adviser for the client is.

Do I need to send a copy of my client’s identification?

Yes please.

What if I need to renew an authority?

To renew a third party authority on your client’s account, please submit a newly signed Authority to access information form via Adviser Online > Start transaction > Authority to access information.



If you have further questions on authority to access client information that are not answered by the above FAQ's, please contact us at