Great minds think alike
Australian Retirement Trust is the super fund formed through the merger of Sunsuper and QSuper. We’re one of Australia’s largest funds, proud to take care of over $200 billion in retirement savings for more than two million members.
Why was the name ‘Australian Retirement Trust’ chosen?
The name Australian Retirement Trust is a straightforward statement about who we are, why we exist and what we do.
Australian – we're open to and inclusive of all Australians no matter where they live or what industry they work in.
Retirement – we’ll guide our members to and through retirement to help ensure they’re secure, confident and protected.
Trust – as a fund that works for members, not shareholders, our members can know that we’ll work in their best interests.
Following the merger, we sent all employers an email welcoming them to Australian Retirement Trust.
This notice reinforced information from previous communications and explained:
- that employer numbers will remain the same
- that employers can expect the same benefits and services they enjoyed in Sunsuper
- our commitment to a fee reduction
- important updates on new PDSs, FSG, new website and microsite details; and
- a reminder that it is an employer obligation to inform employees that Australian Retirement Trust is their new default fund.
You can find more information about Australian Retirement Trust at australianretirementtrust.com.au
Brand reveal communication
In early December 2021, we sent communications to our members and employer partners revealing the new brand of the merged fund, Australian Retirement Trust.
This communication shared key information, including:
- With the merger of Sunsuper and QSuper, Australian Retirement Trust will be one of Australia's largest super funds, proud to take care of over $200 billion in retirement savings for more than two million members.
- As a fund that works for members, not shareholders, we'll work in members' best interests, and commit to returning profits to them as lower fees and better services.
- Following the merger, all members will be a part of Australian Retirement Trust – a fund all Australians are able to join.
We explained that Australian Retirement Trust will continue to provide the same benefits across investments, fees, financial advice, member calculators, tools and rewards that they enjoyed.
We also informed employers they’ll have the same access to benefits and services such as:
For more information on the merger, please visit australianretirementtrust.com.au/merger
Member and Employer Significant Event Notice (SEN)
On 12 January 2022, we sent all members and eligible employers a Significant Event Notice (SEN), which is required by legislation prior to any important change or event for a superannuation provider. We also provided an Important information booklet and, for employers, an Employer Notification with information on upcoming changes as a result of the merger.
The communications addressed topics including what’s happening with/to:
- member account details
- fees and costs
You can download the Important information booklet for members at australianretirementtrust.com.au/merger
You can download the Employer Notification at australianretirementtrust.com.au/merger/faqs
We also sent our account managed employers an email providing more information on steps to take to update documents and processes from 28 February 2022 which included advice on:
- the fund name change,
- our new website and email addresses, including updates to our email address format,
- payroll data requirements,
- banking details,
- updating on-boarding materials, and
- a blackout period for processing forms.
If you didn’t receive these communications and would like a copy, please contact our employer support and relationship team.