Eligibility criteria introduced 29 March 2020
Australian Government reforms restrict when super funds can provide automatic insurance cover to members. The purpose of this is to help protect members’ retirement savings from being eroded by premiums for insurance cover they may not want or need.
Under the Putting Members' Interest First reforms, we generally cannot automatically provide insurance cover to members before they attain age 25 or before their account balance reaches $6,000. These age and balance requirements are now a key component of the eligibility criteria for you to automatically receive Standard insurance cover.
However, members have the option to request Standard insurance cover before the age 25 and $6,000 account balance requirements (subject to them meeting the other eligibility criteria).
For full terms and conditions, refer to the Super Savings Insurance Guide.
Cover available to you
- Tailored Death cover (this includes Terminal Illness),
- For our Tailored disability cover, you can choose the type of cover that best suits your needs:
- Tailored Total & Permanent Disability Assist, or
- Tailored Total & Permanent Disability.
- Tailored Income Protection cover
* Continuation of cover is subject to there being sufficient funds available and ongoing contributions in your Accumulation account to pay the weekly premium. For full terms and conditions, including details on when cover stops, refer to the Super Savings Insurance Guide.